Old age, Dementia, and Incontinence
Old age brings with it several inconveniences and major bodily changes. The human body loses its efficiency to perform daily tasks little by little with advancing age. In this sedentary lifestyle, there are far less physical activity and movement hence even fewer ways to keep the body mobile. Emerging diseases can sometimes be a challenge to manage and the hindrances caused could pose a serious obstacle. Diseases like dementia and incontinence are faced by elderly people which majorly affect their ability to perform daily activities. Not only do these diseases cause physical hardships, but they also lower an individual’s quality of life.
What is dementia?
Dementia is a disease where a person suffers the loss of cognitive functioning i.e. thinking, reasoning, and remembering to the extent where it interferes with their daily life activities. Some people face changes in personalities as they can’t control their emotions. Dementia gets more common as people grow old and about one-third above the age of 85 are affected. It isn’t always as severe right from the beginning although it does range in severity from the mild stages to the point where one completely gets dependent on others. In the severest cases of dementia, one would perhaps need full-time nursing and care and could not be left without supervision.
What is incontinence?
Incontinence is a condition where the muscles and nerves responsible for urine hold or release of the bladder face problems and discoordination. Therefore, in this condition, one loses his/her bladder and bowel control. According to the study, it is more common among women than men. Some of it can be due to bodily stress factors such as sneezing or coughing or even to people with obesity. While the other is urge incontinence, overflow incontinence, or functional incontinence.
The alternative solution for incontinence, mobility impairment, and dementia happens to be adult diapers. Diapers are no new concept yet it is a commodity that is reintroduced during one’s old age. Just the way diapers act for children, they perform a very similar role for adults as well. Their role is to prevent any unwanted urinary or bowel leakage. Wearing adult diapers can be considered one of the best ways to combat urinary incontinence without lowering your quality of life.
Adult diaper gives you freedom from embarrassing situations like having urinary leaks in public. They make life much more convenient for people taking care of their bedridden family members. With the proper use of diapers, one can focus more on the health and diet of the patient than worrying about the change of clothes or beddings. There can be many reasons where one might need to turn to adult diapers for help, some of them are as follows:
- Anyone can suffer from urinary incontinence, also known as overactive bladder but it is most common in old age people.
- Dementia is concerned with a loss of memory and being unaware of one’s location. It gets to a situation where the person can’t recall the location of the toilet at home or at any public place and they roam aimlessly.
- Adult diapers are usually advised by doctors after a major surgery as sometimes it can get overwhelming to rush to the washroom in time.
- Bedridden patients need proper care and treatment so as to improve their quality of life as much as possible. Wearing adult diapers might help them with the anxiety of urinary leakage.
- Women usually face bladder issues on regular basis due to pregnancy, childbirth, or menopause. Wearing adult diapers allows them freedom and comfort without making them feel conscious during these temporary bladder issues.
Benefits of using adult diapers
Let’s peruse away all the benefits of using an adult diaper:
- Makes you stress-free from the feeling of being near the bathroom at all times.
- Gives you a sense of comfort in day-to-day life, so that you live life to the fullest.
- Saves you from the embarrassment that you might feel in front of others in case of urine leakage.
- You get relief from constant worry about changing clothes and beddings caused by the stain.
- Its protective and comfortable design makes it easy for people wearing it to change or remove it without any discomfort.
Why Dr Amgenic’s adult diaper?
Looking for the right adult diaper according to its shape, size, quality, and needs can very much feel like looking for a needle in a haystack. It can get very confusing to find the product that is exactly suitable for you. Dr Amgenic’s adult diaper is definitely what will end your search. This disposable garment is worn instead of underwear to help alleviate leaks from urinary or faecal incontinence.
With its super absorbent technology, it can easily be worn overnight while sleeping. They are soft as cotton and a person can resume their daily tasks like sitting, walking, eating without feeling any type of discomfort throughout the day. This garment is made from antibacterial material that absorbs all the moisture to make you feel fresh and dry, preventing any kind of infection or rashes.
The best part about Dr Amgenic’s diapers is that it comes with a wetness indicator so one doesn’t have to constantly check for leaking and diaper change. They can easily be worn under any type of clothing without making you feel bulky or uncomfortable. Now you can get your confidence back and enjoy life to the fullest.